August 31, 2014


Kevin's View
 Looks like this is the day for lower quality pics, I took this one with my iPod. :) I went out geocaching along Bridge Dr in West Lethbridge with Dad. Along the way we had this view of the water tower from the mine my grandpa worked at in the 50s. Just to the right of the view is the tipple where he sorted coal. Below the water tower, they dumped the shale that was pulled out of the mine. It may not be obvious from the picture but there was a lot of it and there would be even more if tons of it had not been removed over the years by people wanting it for landscaping or other purposes. It was a nice day to be out and I got some great history lessons from Dad.
Hillary's View
Please excuse the cell phone photo... I was so excited to get to go back to 'my' church in Korr that I forgot my camera. Oh, it was good to be back, hearing the mamas, the choirs, the special music, the sermon in Rendille (thankfully translated into English). They've gotten a sound system and a keyboard since I was here last (and Shammy is quite good at picking up the music and accompanying the singers!).  After church was a happy reunion with many friends, including Khasso, a wonderfully cheerful and extremely gregarious old lady who hugged me and kissed me nearly to death! Oh, I am so happy to be back in Korr!

No comments:

Post a Comment